Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Can you tell me if the fuel regulator is built into one of…

Can you tell me if...
Can you tell me if the fuel regulator is built into one of the pump as I’m not finding one
3/21/2018
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi

I believe it is , but not 100% sure

I am going to send this to another friend of mine

Thank you

HI

OK

I sent your question to him, may be a bit for him to see it

Thank you for your help

You're welcome

Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help you with this. What is the make and model of what you're working on? I'm assuming this must be a duplicate of another question somewhere that is already in the process?
S/N JCB95004H02364014
JCB 950 Tier 4
You're main Pump regulates the pressure in the fuel rail as this is a common rail injection. The engine ECM controls that through that electronic control valve that is on the pump so this is regulated electronically by the position of that valve. The fuel rail should have at the end of the rail before return there is usually a high pressure relief as a safety however that will only maintain maximum pressure in the fuel rail. You can go onto JCB Parts online and type in your serial number and model to access your parts breakdowns. Let me know if you need any further help as we can follow up as needed on here. Please remember to take a moment and write my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Five-star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.
P0091 code is show is why I asked and the other guy told me that was fuel regulator failed

Thanks for the info... Let me get up to speed on your trouble. Professionals are in no way affiliated other than we use the same website to help people. We are not employees of the site.

This is what I originally sent himI am working on a JCB950 tier4
S/N JCB95004H02364014
Getting these codes can you tell me what the codes are
P0091
P1108
P110A
P1106
P1104

P0091 SCV (+) output open Load / short to GND SCV (-) output open Load / short to GND SCV coil open

The Suction Control Valve (SCV) is responsible for controlling fuel pressure in common rail engines

Its the electric solenoid valve on the main pump

Dan, Technician