Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Can you replace a 277b cat front undercarriage roller

Customer Question
Can you replace a...

Can you replace a 277b cat front undercarriage roller bearing?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

The

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Its a 277b cat and serial number is ***** YES AM ATTEMPTING TO FIX MYSELF. NOTHING SO FAR OTHER THAN REMOVING THE WHOLE THING

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/19/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 5 months ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. You are referring to the main front roller or idler on the undercarriage if I'm not mistaken? You already have this off of the machine? If so yes you should be able to replace the bearings as long as the rest of it is still within specs and not excessively worn. Let me know and I should be able to offer you some breakdowns and diagrams for the parts