Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

We just rebuilt the front motor on a 637B scraper, when we…

We just rebuilt the...

We just rebuilt the front motor on a 637B scraper, when we push down on the gas peddle it take a long time for the motor to rev up, what is all the possibilities that could be wrong?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

627B CORRECTION- it feel like it could be under a load?

it's a 627B scraper and it feels like it could be under a load?
3/19/2018
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is Dan. I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc. What is your serial number machine and engine model number?

MACHINE serial # 15S1391 & engine model 3N93945
Thanks for the update. What I would check for is be sure that in neutral you have full RPM and your fuel pressure and boost pressure all tests good within specs and there are no leaks or restrictions. If your engine is bogging down with this being a freshly rebuilt engine in the fuel system and air intake system all test out good you are correct by suspecting a possible other mechanical problem in the transmission or drivetrain that is pulling the engine down under an excessive load. It is a good idea to start draining fluids and checking for signs of metal or debris that would confirm a failure. Also check inside the hydraulic filters and the transmission for the same. Let me know the results as we can follow up as needed on here
Dan, Technician
Phone call session started