Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 1994 HTC 8665 crane with some problems extension…

Customer Question
Hello I have a...

Hello I have a 1994 HTC 8665 crane with some problems extension retraction circuit

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Linkbelt, HTC 8665 D614-1835. The boom outer mid extension extends at 2500 psi with the sound of oil running over relief and only with override switch on console. Retracts at 3000-3200 psi and retracts normal. the rated limit control system is running in override or bypass on box behind cab since the scale function is not working

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

The extend/retract pedal supply voltage is 4.6 to 4.7 volts with pedal connected, and 6.2 volts with pedal disconnected measured at the pedal and at the etcs box plug and inside the plug on circuit board. the pedal potentiometer resistance from supply to ground pin measureds 500 ohms. I have a schematic of the machine wiring harness but do not know how the rlc and the etcs system are interconnected apparently the pedal quit working to extend once after someone tried to repair the rlc system I also am not sure if it is normal for supply volts to be as low as 4.6 volts and what could cause the difference given that the the voltage measures the same at the pedal and at the controller

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 day by:
3/20/2018
Mechanic: Jeremy, Technician replied 4 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I don’t normally work on these, but I can try to assist you where I can. Did you still need assistance with this? Or do you prefer to work with a tech that knows the equipment better?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

I'm good with your assistance
I don't want to brag or talk my skills up but just so you know who you are dealing with I'm a Licenced Heavy Equipment Technician (in Canada we do the licence thing) I operate a mobile repair business mostly with construction equipment and cranes are not my main area of expertise and only have some of the service I have a schematic of electrical and hydraulic systems and I have deduced that there are two basic areas of problems the hydraulic (the pressures mentioned) and electrical/electronic control my main priority it the electrical as the my customer is ok leaving the hydraulic problem as is since it functions as is