Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 1972 820. The rock shaft was goes up at start up…

Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a 1972 820. The rock shaft was goes up at start up and will not go down regardless of setting or position of elevation lever. it failed suddenly while using a box blade.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Give me a minute.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Type:820, code:4HDC, serial: 042410 L

3/18/2018
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

• Deere 820 utility tractor? You have a stuck valve in the three-point, in the cylinder section. The three-point assembly has to be removed and each of the valves and springs checked. See the cylinder and valves in the link below.
Thank you, ***** ***** afraid of that. My knowledge of hydraulic systems is weak and I have been reading and rereading that section of my service manual. Nothing like a rebuild to teach you the ins and outs of a machine.

Yes, but at least you have the manual!

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
No thanks, ***** ***** manage the job from here. I appreciate the help. Have a great evening.

Thank you, ***** ***** the 5-star rating system to close the question and get me credit!