Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

How to remove tilt cylinder on 6675 skid steer? It's a 6675…

Customer Question
How to remove tilt...

How to remove tilt cylinder on 6675 skid steer?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

It's a 6675 john deere skid steer. I don't have the serial number with me at this moment.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

How to remove a tilt cylinder on a 6675 john deere skid steer?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am trying to remove the end of the cylinder from the lift frame.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/15/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 5 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is Dan. I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

To remove the bucket tilt cylinders you make sure that all the work equipment and attachment weight is removed and all attachments are supported either on the ground or by a another suitable supporting device. You will disconnect the rod end from the adapter plate or attachment with the cylinder supported by a lifting strap and a suitable hoist. You then retract the cylinders. Now you are ready to disconnect the barrel end. You then remove the pin retainer and drive the pin out of its bore while the barrel is supported by its Center weight distributed accordingly so it will balance by the lifting sling when removed. Once the pin is driven all the way out after the retainers been removed you can then hoist your cylinder or off of the machine after the hydraulic lines have been disconnected and capped off using the proper hydraulic caps and plugs. You want to be sure that the lifting arms are in a position to where you have enough clearance to drive the pin out of its bore. Let me know if you need further help and please remember to take a moment to write my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Five-star ratings and bonuses are greatly appreciated.

Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved?