Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My 2006 240 lx linkbelt sputters and loses power and

My 2006 240 lx...

My 2006 240 lx linkbelt sputters and loses power and eventually shuts off at 9 to 11 inches of fuel , and I don't think the electronic fuel gauge is accurate because it will read at 4 to 5 bars left as well

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

It an izuzu engine , but don't have the sereial no. in front of me at this time

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just those questions and give me some thought on what to look for , like is ther a pick-up tube that might be sucking air

3/14/2018
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

With the suction line for the engine coming out of the top of the tank, it has a suction tube! Remove the fitting from the tank, and attach a rubber hose and drop it into the tank for a test. The pickup tube may be screwed in, if it is, remove it and do a vacuum test on the tube. Has to be vacuum tight.

could there be something stuck in the tube

Not likely, as it would not run, down to 9 inches, look for a hole in the tube.

that sounds about right , that is what I was looking for thank you

Thank you.

Please use the 5-star rating system to close the question and get me credit! Thanks!

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Thank you!