Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Look on how to install clutch in cat grader no12. I have the…

Customer Question
Look on how to...

Look on how to install clutch in cat grader no12

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I have the eng sn number

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

We just had the clutch resurfaced

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

We got the parts back from the shop just need to know how to install them back on

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
ok im ready
anyone here

can u just call my office ***************

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/14/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

hello is anyone here

You have taken the clutch out, had it repaired and now ready to install? All that needs to be dine is ti align the clutch discs with the center of the flywheel. If you can't get a splined shaft to match your transmission input shaft, use a stack up of deep sockets, one to go into the pilot bearing in the transmission, and a larger one to go into the clutch disc. Then with disc lined up , snug up the pressure plate, then check to be sure you have the disc centered, and tighten the pressure plate.

specs on how tight and how aduject the clutch plates

Hold large are the bolts for the pressure plate? 7/16 fine thread? Clutch adjustment is the external linkage and is adjusted after the transmission is installed. You just need to have about 3/4 inch free play in the clutch pedal.

need more info
we have stab the motor into when we tighten the bolts then can not turn the motor over we have a 1/8 cap
is anyone there

You have a gap? The transmission shaft may be binding in the pilot bearing in the flywheel or in the drive disc. Turning the engine back and forth should allow it to align if that is the case.

Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 months ago

I see the question is still open, please use the 5-star rating system to close the question and get me credit!