Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

How do I replace the tracks on a Cat 277C? I have

How do I replace the...
How do I replace the tracks on a Cat 277C? I have detensioned the track but I do not seem to have enough slack to get them off. What am I missing?
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/13/2018
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help please bear with me while I pull up your information. If you could also post your serial number it would be greatly appreciated.

Click on this link for the procedure of track service.

Track Removal and Installation.

Please let me know if you need more help.

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

You need to make some wood or steel wedges as shown in the Video to remove the sag and get them over the sprockets/idlers.

Dan, Serial no. is JWF01838. It is a model 277C. Your video, I had already seen on you tube is for a 277B. My under carriage is a completely different design. I've attached a file picture. This is a link from 2009 from your web site: https://www.justanswer.com/heavy-equipment/22r1k-replace-tracks-cat-277-detensioned.html . Your advisor did the opposite by starting out with "C" instructions (which is what I need) but the client needed "B" instructions. Not your man's fault. Client didn't specify which model. This link is how I found you. Please observe. Thanks, Mike
Also. I don't need a call yet. Ground is muddy w/ snow melt. Can't work today. I prefer written/pictorial docs so I can study them before proceeding. Thanks

Thanks for the update. I will gather that info for you and follow up

Click this link

Service info

Dan, Technician