Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a gel V270 2012 with Myanmar b4tnv98t engine that…

I have a gel...

I have a gel V270 2012 with Myanmar b4tnv98t engine that died and won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I have checked and cleaned the simple things - water seperator

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

V270 gel vertical skidsteer

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

Sn GHL00270J00021508 model year 2010

replaced fuel filter checked air filter good checked fuel pump seems good
there is a fuel shutoff valve i removed and check - it seems goodbut there is no power to the valve with the key oncracked injector lines no fuel coming out when cranking
Gel V270 Yanmar 4tnv98t engine
Gehl V270 model year 2010
3/13/2018
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

ok sounds good
i prefer to work this online

The fuel solenoid has to have power to it with the key on, and power at start, to pull it into the run position. No power to it and you get no fuel to the injectors. You can remove the solenoid and the engine should start and run. But you need to trace the wires going to the solenoid, power should come from on/off switch or from a relay. use wire colors to trace,

i bypassed the solenoid wiring - no difference

Is the solenoid retracting?

when i bypassed it it retracted

On the engine or on the bench? Did you try engine start with it removed?

i tested it on the bench - workingi reinstalled it and powered it from the batteryno difference
are there other lockouts?

But you did not try to start the engine with it removed? There are no other lockouts.

No I need to plug the hole to keep fuel from spilling?

No, no fuel will come out, maybe a small amount of oil.

Ok I can try that tomorrow

OK> The solenoid has three wires, one common, one hot when the switch is on, and one hot only when the starter is engaged. The starter coil is the big coil to retract it, then the small coil, always powered, takes over, and holds it until the switch is turned off.

NoThe solenoid on the injector pump has 1 wite
Wire

Ok, different style shutoff, goes directly into the pump, not on the left end. So wire has to always have power and opens an internal passage. You say it does not get battery power? And jumping it does not let the engine start? Either solenoid is bad, or the injection pump has failed.

okconfirmed the fuel solenoid is goodchecked connections and wiring harness all seem goodturned over with valve removed - pumping fuel out of opening so I think the pumping into the injector pump is goodpulled the fuse to the control computer and replaced - this actuated the fuel stop valve for 2 or 3 seconds and then closes seems to me there is something telling the control computer to close the valve after power is cycled to itif i leave the lockout arm in the cab up the fuel valve has power and opens. of course I cannot turnover the engine. looks to me like some type of lockout or perhaps a failed injection pump which would surprise me given the hours and operating conditionany further thoughts before I close this out?

Your right, that it seems to be a safety switch causing the computer to shut off the fuel solenoid. You see no error codes or lights indicating a system is not functioning? That's the problem with these late electronic engines, nowhere to go but the Gehl dealer.

no discernible error messages looks i have a trip to the dealer in my futurethanks for your help

Sorry.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician