Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a code 153 right hand speed seniors. 279D. I am a…

I have a code...

I have a code 153 right hand speed seniors

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

279D

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am a looking to buy it

3/12/2018
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. What are all the symptoms you were experiencing and could you provide some more details on the symptoms when this
Problem started and under what operating conditions?
if you could please provide the serial number of your machine as well
I am just looking at trading for it. It runs fine
you do not have an answer
I'm not sure where you were under the impression I don't have an answer when I haven't even had a chance to respond yet? I was field service for cat before going independent. Anyway if you have a drive motor speed sensor fault code it is usually either a faulty sensor or a wiring harness problem causing the ECM to not read proper speed sensor signal. In some cases it is just a matter of it being out of calibration which caterpillar ET software will need to be connected on a laptop to run the calibrations. Caterpillar ET software is the dealer diagnostic software that caterpillar uses. So if the sensor and wiring all tests good you will then run recalibration and if there's still a problem in some cases you may need to reflash or reprogram the ECM software to reset the system to factory settings. Please let me know if you need more help and take a moment to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time for helping on the site. Five-star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated
Dan, Technician