Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

How do we time a injector pump on a c185 newholland skid…

Customer Question
How do we time...

How do we time a injector pump on a c185 newholland skid loader

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

C 185 newholland sn n7m450159

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes,I haven't removed the pump yet,want to know the process to set the correct position of the engine rotation and procees for removing the pump and replacing it in the correct timing order

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/11/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

3 cylinder Iveco engine. The engine has to be on # 1 cylinder, compression cycle, so remove rocker cover and brin genuine up till both valves are closed on # 1, then look for the hole in the flywheel housing to pin the crankshaft at TDC. With engine pinned, the injection pump can then be removed. The new or rebuilt pump will come back in a locked position, the pump is mounted before the lock bolt is removed.

We do not have a manual to show the location of the lock pin for the flywheel,and need to know how to time the pump,any illustrations would be helpful.

The hole location is in the bell housing, and would be facing like the starter is mounted, a hole in the bell housing, to mate a hole in the flywheel. Be sure you are on the compression stroke and both # 1 valves are closed. Pump comes locked in the correct timing position.

we cannot find the alignment hole for the flywheel near the starter