Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a Cc 120 Dynapac and i need to to know how do I check…

Customer Question
Hello . I have...

Hello . I have a Cc 120 Dynapac and i need to to know how do I check to see if my Vibatory system works. The switch on forward/Backward levor does not work?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Let me get it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Customer:(###) ###-####I HAVE NOT

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

The fuse box is missing alot of fuses and it looks like the fuses they had in there Blew

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/12/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 month ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help if you still need help with this. First please let me know if it's something you still need help with and if so I will be glad to help as time allows in between jobs Etc..
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just bought a cc120 Dynapac Roller and the vibratory is not working. The past owner said that it worked before. Give me a coupe ideas of why it is not working ? When I took apart the console to see if there was any loose wires it seemed to be ok just dirty. The fuse box or board what ever you call it had only 4 fuses in it and the rest were missing.
There should be two switches inside the console box that activate between forward and reverse of the forward and reverse lever that depending on the position of the forward and reverse lever will depend on the intensity of the vibration and also the engagement as those cams on the micro switches get close or further apart which will ensure vibration is engaged at the same speed and both forward and reverse. That would be for automatic mode and on the forward and reverse lever itself there should be a thumb switch on the end of the lever to manually engage your vibration. If not working I would do a continuity check with your own meter to test for any open circuits in the switches and wiring harness. Look for any damage or corrosion in the wiring or connector pins and test the switches for continuity both open and closed positions. Also check your relays and the connections for the relays as well as run a fuse test to be sure there are no blown fuses. If the electrical test good on the control side and the fuses and relays then move on to your solenoid to verify power at the solenoid valve to engage that function. Let me know the results and if we need to dig deeper into this as we can follow up as needed on here.
Please remember to take a moment to write my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Five-star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.
Dan, Technician