Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

New Holland L160, Control arm is stuck in the side ways down…

Customer Question
New Holland L160, Control...

New Holland L160, Control arm is stuck in the side ways down position and will not release so as to operate the bucket verus attachments. Linkage is not issue ,seems to be in the three solenoids.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Dont have it right now

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/11/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Solenoids should lock valve in center position, and keep levers from moving. Check the ower cover on the function that does not work, and look at the return spring and washers that center the valve.

You would have to completely disassemble the solenoids and that's not an option at this point.Have you actually worked on any New Holland skidsteers ?

Service manager for New Holland dealership for over 10 years. Retired. The solenoids oar on the end away from the return springs. Yiu can remove the solenoid and it will unlock the spool if it is being held by the solenoid,

There are three of them. How do I remove the electrical part of the solenoid ? Better ? How do I disconnect the electrical connection to these solenoids?

Each solenoid has its own harness and has a locking tab that has to be released to unplug it. Unplugged, the solenoid stays locked. The electrical coil can't be removed. The assembly is screwed out of the control valve.