Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have problem with Hyundai R180 LCD-7 excavator. The

I have problem with...

I have problem with Hyundai R180 LCD-7 excavator.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

The hydralic pressure is to low, to activate the auto deccel sensor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Hi, yes i am trying to fix it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have tested the electric system, and it is in order. And i have measured the the pilot pump pressure, and it is ok.

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/9/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is Dan. I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

If you have confirmed that everything electrical is good as far as the pressure switches and engine RPM sensor along with the wiring harness and the controller calibration and software as well as the switches in the cab and monitor panel in Pilot pressure is within specs but Main pressure is a problem you will want to check the in tank return hydraulic filter for signs of fine metal or debris that looks like glitter in the filter and oil. If found this indicates a pump or component failure in the system. You will also want to check your relief valves in the main control valve as well for damaged O-rings and debris causing a bypass of pressure. Let me know the results and if we need to dig deeper into this. Please remember to take a moment to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Five-star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.
Hi Dan
Thanks for good answer. I theckt the electric system with connecting wire to the two wire connect to the pressure swiths, and then the excavator acclered. And i tested the pressure at the test nipple on pilot pump, and the pressur is ok there. But 2 years ago we had problem with this machine, it was slowing down most movements.
Then we found out that several last guards (nipples with filter) into joysticks and pedals, was stuck because of some rubber trash from som o-ring or o-rings. After we cleared the filters, the machine was working good, except the auto deccler system did not work.
Now i have measured the pressure on the rear at the main hydralic control block ( there the pressure swiths is), and there is very low or no pressure there.
Thanks for the update if your main pressure is low I would check the main relief valve cartridges and the reliefs in the main control valve for the same type of trash or debris that you found in the past. It is also possible that some of that O-ring material could have came from a relief valve or the control valve block. I would start checking the relief cartridges for damaged O-rings and for other damage or trash that might be causing a stuck relief not allowing system pressure to build. I would also check the return filter as suggested to see if you find any fine metal that would indicate a possible main pump issue occurring. It's a pleasure to help
Thank you Dan
I will look at these valves and the reture filter.
I will contact you after some researce :)
Pleasure to help
Dan, Technician