Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a whine from the pump on a 938g was going to remove…

I have a whine...

I have a whine from the pump on a 938g was going to remove the pump but need to know the best way to get it out

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Its a 938g i dont have the sn in front of me and the loader isnt on site

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

No just need to know how to get it out

3/9/2018
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is Dan. I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

To remove the hydraulic pump on this you will want to put the machine in position to access the pump the best through the center articulating joint area and drain the hydraulic tank as well as remove this side skirts underneath the cab. Then you will really move and disconnect all the lines and hoses to the pump where they drain bucket below. Then slide the pump out of its mounting to the transmission. Installation is reverse of this and be sure to use new O-rings and if the suction line is hardened or showing signs of cracking you may want to replace it at the same time. Let me know if you need further help and please take a moment to read my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Five-star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.
Dan, Technician