Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My 743- Bobcat jerks when turning to the right, What's the…

My 743-B Bobcat jerks...

My 743-B Bobcat jerks when turning to the right, What's the problem

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

743-B###-##-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have not tried anything yet, Do you think I should change the hydraulic filter ? and will this help ?

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/9/2018
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is Dan. I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

If you are having problem with jerking Hydraulics the first thing you would want to check just to be sure is inside the hydraulic filter once removed you will want to open that up to check a sample inside and dump it into a clean container to look for fine metal or debris in the filter that would indicate a component or pump issue occurring. It will look like glitter in the oil and filter. This would indicate a failure of a component or pump occurring. If Clean you will want to double-check that the control linkage and the controls are even on the machine and if so this could also be air in the system or a pump control or drive motor problem as your travel between right and left side are split between two pumps bolted together so one pump could possibly have an issue on the control valve side of the pump. Let me know the results and if we need to dig deeper into this as we can follow up as needed. Please remember to rate my answers is that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Five-star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.
Dan, Technician