Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

We have a cat 262c that will not release parking brake. all…

Customer Question
We have a cat...

We have a cat 262c that will not release parking brake. all other hydraulics operate. with key off no voltage at solenoid. with key on voltage is 4.3 volts with parking brake switch on or off

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Sorry it is a D model. CAT0262DEDTB01487

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think this is a good start

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
I think this question went to a truck expert. I meant for it to go Chad in heavy equipment.It is closing time for us so you can respond by email or text or call. Thanks and have a great evening
any luck on question?
3/9/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is Dan. I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

Do you have the digital display where you can get fault codes without having to use cat ET software? If so could you let me know what fault codes you may have logged in the memory?