Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a gehl 7800 2 speed that wouldnt go into high I

I have a gehl...

I have a gehl 7800 2 speed that wouldnt go into high I changed the handle controler handle didnt help could it be the 2 speed control module

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Model SL7800 serial#901120

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced the control handle with the 2 speed control button

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

Could it be the 2 speed control module

3/9/2018
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is Dan. I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

Thanks Dan looking forward to hearing your input
Stew

Click on this link for the Parts manual to help with the two speed circuit parts ID. Use control F to search "two speed"

Parts

Dan, Technician
Phone call session started
If the switch is new then you will also want to test and inspect the wiring harness for any damaged wiring or connectors and be sure that you have continuity in the wiring harness in that circuit. Also you want to check for power and ground at the solenoids for the two speed control valve to see if the solenoids are powering up and actually working to send pressure to the two-speed Drive Motors. If the solenoids are not powering up to switch between single and 2 speed and the two speed module is getting signal from the switch then yes it can be a problem in the two speed module.
Dan was friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I would certainly call him again in the future
Stew Wells
Pleasure to help Stew.