Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Is there a fault code to start an 873 bobcat. 873 bobcat.

Customer Question
Is there a fault...

Is there a fault code to start an 873 bobcat

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

873 bobcat

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Repairing self

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/8/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is Dan. I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc. What is your serial number? 873 is the model number. Do you have the deluxe panel on your machine or a keyed ignition?

I have the deluxe panel and every time I put code in and press enter it says error on the left side and the screen on the right side says failure
this is the code that is programmed in to the machine... The owner of the machine is allowed to program the start code so unless somebody went in and tampered with the code and changed it on you.
If your code that you as the owner programmed into the machine no longer works then you will need to have the dealer get into it to reset the password. They will want to verify proof of ownership as well if they don't already know you or have you in their system.
the machine sets out in the lean two and possible for people to tamper with it but couldn’t say for sure. The code we had was 2468I don’t know what to think.
It is possible for a software-related issue as well but even in that case Bobcat would have to plug in to reset the system if the deluxe panel is powering up but not recognizing your code.

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.