Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have an C185 new Holland Skidster that’s everything is…

Customer Question
I have an C185 new...
I have an C185 new Holland Skidster that’s everything is working great. Has no warning lights going off. When drive and it just stop in is track and doesn’t move. Everything things else works great. Let it set for 5-10 minuets drives for 2-5 minutes. Dealer had me change charge pressure sender and Hyde filter. But still ask stupid. Help
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/8/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is Dan. I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

Pull the hydraulic filter and check inside of the filter into a clean container and see if it looks like shiny glitter in the oil and filter which would indicate a possible pump or component failure occurring. If it is clean then that is a good sign however then you will want to check the circuit relief valves and get some pressure test gauges on it to see if the pressures are reading in specs. When checking the relief valve cartridges in the main control valve you do not want to disturb the adjustments but you would remove the whole assembly and check for any debris stuck in there causing them to stick open and also for damaged O-rings. If all that test good you will want to see if your pressures are within factory specs. Another thing to check is the pump Drive coupling to see if there's possibility that it is slipping or damaged between the engine and the hydraulic pumps. To check that you can disable the fuel from allowing the engine to start. Then you will with the charge pump removed crank the engine over to see if the charge pump drive out of the Main pumps is turning at engine speed as it should. Let me know the results and if we need to dig deeper into this. Please remember to take a moment to write my answers is that is how the site credits my time for helping on the site. Five-star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 months ago

Hi Ken, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.