Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Can I convert my CAT 287B to high flow? Serial #:

Can I convert my CAT...
Can I convert my CAT 287B to high flow?
Serial #: 0287BAZSA0382
3/8/2018
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is Dan. I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

Standing by

It can and has been done but there are a lot of part that need to be swapped to do the conversion. I will need some time to gather more information. Then it will be up to you if it is worth the expense or just going with a high flow machine already set up.

Cat hydraulic arrangement number on the Standard 287B is(###) ###-####br />Cat hydraulic arrangement number on the High Flow 287B is(###) ###-####br />
Cat says you Can not USE any of the parts interchangeable

This will be a costly swap over as you would be changing most everything and some ECM reprogramming.

Thanks Dan. I am interested in the detail but take your counsel seriously in terms of work to convert.
ENTIRE GROUP Ref.Qty.NPRNote Part No. Part Name Grp NPR (###) ###-####/em> HYDRAULIC AR -HIGH FLOW INDIVIDUAL PARTSRef.Qty.NPRNote Part No.Req.Qty.Part Name NPRY(###) ###-####/em>1LINES GP-PILOT NPRY(###) ###-####/em>1LINES GP-PUMP NPRY(###) ###-####/em>1LINES GP-WORK TOOL NPRY(###) ###-####/em>1MOTOR & MTG GP-HYDRAULIC FAN Y(###) ###-####/em>1PLATE & FILM GP NPRY(###) ###-####/em>1PUMP & MTG GP-GEAR NPRY(###) ###-####/em>1PUMP & MTG GP-WORK TOOL (HIGH FLOW) NPRY(###) ###-####/em>1VALVE & MTG GP-CONTROL Key: Y - SEPARATE ILLUSTRATION

Click on this link for the part list comparison between standard and High flow

Parts

The High Flow XPS option is factory installed only. There is not
a XPS kit.

This is all I can find, you will need to convert your machine. I did not see which ECM will be needed and if it will need programming. That might be another charge. All of this work, it maybe cheaper to buy an XPS model unfortunately.

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Thanks Dan. This satisfies my question. Very good and thorough answer.Jeff

Pleasure to help Jeff.

There should be a place to rate 5 star or accept on your side of the screen to submit it to the site.

Dan, Technician