Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My crane is reading code w0034 says last 3 wraps of wire but…

Customer Question
My crane is reading...

My crane is reading code w0034 says last 3 wraps of wire but boom all the way in lots of wire on winch

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

GR1000XL. Sin 548051

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just got on it other operator were on it they had to over ride it to get the boom out to where they need it. Only working the aux line. The main is reading the code

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope just need to know if it’s an easy fix that I can handle we are in an isolated area. 7 hrs from anywhere useful

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/7/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 month ago
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is Dan. I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc. what make/model LMI or PAT system is in your crane?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Tadano GR1000XL
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well I’m now working the crane. So I’ll gave to get back to you on some steps you timed out before I had to use it
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just need to know if I can unplug that sender or by pass it done how do I can run that main winch, I’m only using the aux line

W0034

Stopped due to main winch rope reserve

condition.

Solution:

Wind up main winch rope

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Come on dude, I told you the winch line is all in the boom is all in. The winch is full of line I can’t winch the main line down at all without over ride

I am going through my files to look info up on this model... Ill opt out and pass on this one. Dont respond back or it will lock back to me.

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician