Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 953 loader which has been a great machine. 9800…

Customer Question
I have a 953...

I have a 953 loader which has been a great machine. 9800 hours. It has started pulling to the left, like the left track is not pulling as hard as the right one.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thanks, ***** ***** I have has about 9800 hours and has started pulling to the left really bad. Where do I start?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just need to know where to start and possible problems. This is an 84 model 953.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/7/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is Dan. I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc. What is the serial number? Have you checked the linkage and adjustments?

76Y01039 and yes we have checked linkage

Thanks for the update.. Check inside the filter for fine metal/debris that would flag a pump, drive motor, or component problem occurring which would effect drive and steering. Look cor any metal or unusual noises in the final drive gears as well. Let me know the results. If clean you will need to move on to having the pressures tested and confirmed to OEM specs.

Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.