Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

We have a Bobcat T2256 telehandler we have replaced the rear…

We have a Bobcat...

We have a Bobcat T2256 telehandler we have replaced the rear steer soleniod bank because it was blowing a fuse now the problem is it wont go into front wheel steer it is locking up. The other two positions on the toogle switch work, they are crab steer and forwheel steer.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Bobcat T2256 Telescopic Handler Serial No.###-##-####

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/6/2018
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is Dan. I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

Thanks Dan, appreciate your help as soon as possible
On the axles there should be some sensors for the steering and also check the wiring harness going to Those sensors for any damaged or corroded wiring. It's possible if sensor wiring is bad that the steering wheel not Center to lock to put it back into 2 wheel steer. Check for that first as well as the switch and wiring since I see you've already replaced the solenoid.
Let me know the results and if we need to dig deeper into this I will be logged on periodically throughout the day tomorrow and in the evenings. We can follow up as needed on here. Please remember to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Five star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated
Dan, Technician