Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a Volvo l30 wheel loader had a battery short out

Customer Question
I have a Volvo...

I have a Volvo l30 wheel loader had a battery short out installed new one. now i have no electric in cab key switch has nothing but will start off starter

Mechanic's Assistant: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?

No sound what so ever gauges don't work

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your C30?

L30

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C30 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Its a L30 made in 1990

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I do have current to fuse box

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
could this be in key switch
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/6/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc. Please post your serial number of your machine. At the batteries you should see a round battery relay that clicks to send power to the cab accessories when the key switch is on. Check if this is the relay making noise. If so the contacts inside are likely bad and the relay needs to be replaced. For test purposes only you can connect the two large posts to see if you get power to the cab. Be sure to test the batteries for bad cells etc. as well. Let me know

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

We have power to switch

Power to what switch?

keyswitch?

there is always power to the BAT post on the switch.

Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 month ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Dan, Technician