Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My Kamatsu Bulldozer is model D21P. The clutch pedal on the…

Customer Question
My Kamatsu Bulldozer is...

My Kamatsu Bulldozer is model D21P. The clutch pedal on the left side of the floorboard has always worked fine however about a week ago when I put my foot on the clutch pedal and pushed it all the way down the dozer keep moving when I was in forward or reverse. I ajusted the pedal linkage and made the hydraulic piston move in or out a bit more however no change. I heard that the transmission may have an oil filter inside however to change the filter I would need to drain the transmission oil, drop the oil pan and the filter would be there and is most likely plugged us! I do not know the name or part number of the filter. Do I have a transmission oil filter? Yes or no. If so do I need to remove the transmission oil pan to have access to the filter? If I have a filter what is a NAPA filter part number? Do you think this is my problem and if I change it will the clutch work ok? Is there any other external hydraulic filters that I can change that may solve my issue? If so where are they located and what is the NAPA filter part number? What do you charge for your technical advise? Will the advise come from a mechanic or a mechanics assistant? What if what you tell me does not help me?

Mechanic's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Heavy Equipment Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok however that still does not tell me my cost for his advise!

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
1/30/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc. There should be both hydraulic filter and a transmission suction screen but please post the full model with dashes and digits at the end and the machine serial number so I can be sure you get the correct info for your machine. If metal/debris is found in the filter, a new filter will not correct that as it would be an indication of a component failure that would have to be addressed once determined the faulty component. What is the full model and serial number?

I will have to get the serial number tomorrow. Where do I find the serial number tag? Do u have a cell number I can call u on? Tks Jim mod is d21p-5. I assumed the transmission oil pan has a screen inside just like all engines have. What I do not know is if there is a filter inside the transmission that I can only get to if I remove the oil pan? If so I would like to know the Napa # so I can take a new filter with me to the boondocks. Also if there is a external trane filter that I can take with me, a Napa # would be nice? My Tele is(###) ###-####tks jimNo text will be fine.
Serial number is ***** about a 1980 year model is d21p-5

Click below. #11 is the washable screen. be sure to replace the o rings to prevent leaks. Replace the screen if damaged.

Transmission suction screen

Click this link for the hydraulic filter #7. NAPA will need to cross the Komatsu number.

Hydraulic filter

NAPA cant help with the transmission suction screen but the hydraulic filter can be crossed.Below is the NAPA info.

Make Model Qualifier Oil Fuel AirC Air Trans Breather Hydraulic Others Loc

KOMATSU+Tractors, Dozers - D21P-5 (Off-Highway Equipment)w / Komatsu Diesel 4D94-2P Eng. (4D94-2P Diesel )

ENG Oil 51609
Fuel 33519
Air 46394
Air 46326
Hyd A24A10E

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.