Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

After i start my skid steer and lower bar to engage (773…

After i start my...

After i start my skid steer and lower bar to engage (773 Bobcat) when engaged to moove after i Have released the brake the lif arms wont raise and it move forward about 6in amnd back ward

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Im not sure of that

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have had this to happen in the past and all had to do is to raised the cab

Answered in 1 hour by:
1/18/2018
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Do the brake light and seatbelt lights go off? And as you know the cab can affect it, if it is not seated, And if you have a door, it has a switch on it that has to make.

Ok

not able to call at this time. What about the lights for brake and seat belt/ap bar?

In the I have raised the cab then lower then it would be ok but today thosevit cold bout 25 degrees didn’t solve the issue

What about the lights for brake and seat belt/ap bar?

I have never used seat belt

Is there not a light that shows if brake is released and seat belt are not closed?

how do I correct the situation

I would guess the brake does not release, and keeps unit from driving and the same circuit locks the hydraulics! Check the brake solenoid to see if it is getting battery voltage when you release the brake switch,

Ok will do

oK.

Can’t get to skid steer at present thanks for your response

thank you.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician