Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 926m loader lte03586 it has a e457 code mataince…

I have a 926m loader...
I have a 926m loader lte03586 it has a e457 code mataince pass due how do I clear the code do u need cat et if so I do have it how do I clear it or reset it maybe tell me how do it on cat et
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/13/2018
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

I will look up that code and post back in a few minutes. Is that all you need?

It is in the secondary display under the service menu. The normal password ***** ***** Have you tried that?

Ok I do I go to the display and service menu put password ***** it will clear can I do it on cat et too

Maybe but, the Owners Manual is showing it is done on the display. I have not tried it with ET .

Ok I try it thanks

It appears two different version exists. Here are details on the older version.

Service Preventive Maintenance (Password *****)

Menu > Service > Preventive Maintenance

The Preventive Maintenance service page allows the operator to view the Maintenance Schedule for a particular service.

The "PM" numbers in the Service column indicate how many hours of operation should pass before service is recommended. The hours shown in the "Time Until Due" column (in hours) represent the hours shown with the "PM" number and will count down to "0". At that time, the part of the machine represented by that particular "PM" number is ***** for service.

Note: An operator can view Preventive Maintenance service pages without entering a password.

Note: A password ***** ***** to reset Preventive Maintenance items.

1. Press the "Menu" button (1) located on the right side of the Display. The Menu page will appear.

2. Press the DOWN directional arrow button (5) until "Service" highlights in yellow.

3. Press the "OK" button (4). The Service menu page will appear.

4. Press the DOWN directional arrow button until "Service Mode" highlights in yellow.

5. Press the "OK" button.

6. A keypad screen will appear, prompting the user for a password. If a password ***** ***** enter it at this time.

7. Press directional arrow buttons to highlight the desired number in the code field.

8. Press the "OK" button to set the number into the code field.

9. Continue Steps 7 and 8 until the pass code has been entered.

10. Press the Submit icon (7) to save the pass code. Press the "OK" button.

11. Press the DOWN arrow to highlight the Enabled option. Press the "OK" button.

12. Press the Back button (2) to return to the previous menu.

Resetting the Service Schedule

When service to the machine is completed, perform the following steps to reset the preventive maintenance service schedule:

1. Select the service that has been completed.

2. Press the Reset (8) button.

3. Press the "OK" button to confirm that the service has been completed.

4. The display returns to the Preventive Maintenance screen. The "Time Until Due " for the completed service will increment by the number of hours for that service interval.

The older version appears to be for the display with soft touch buttons. New versions have touch screens.

Is that information helpful?

Do you need anything else?

Please let me know if you do need anything. I will be glad to help as much as I can.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.

CATMASTERTECH

Is that information helpful?

Do you need anything else?

Thanks for using JustAnswer.

CATMASTERTECH

It ask for password
What is password
Sorry for the late reply. I have been working out in the field and had no internet access.
I posted above to try 1234, if that doesn’t work try the last four digits of the serial number.
If neither of those work, you will need to reset the customer password ***** ET.
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician
catmastertech
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician