Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 11' Bobcat UTV, and having trouble getting it

I have a 11' Bobcat...
I have a 11' Bobcat UTV, and having trouble getting it started. Checked battery and it reads 12v, and it has fuel. I don't know where else to look at. It turns over but does not start. Been having problems in the past
1/13/2018
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi Anthony

I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

does is spin over fast ??

do you get smoke when cranking from exhaust ??

Not sure what you mean by fast, it turns over the same as if were going to start but doesn't start. No smoke from exhaust during cranking

Thank you for the response

meaning fast a normal spin not dragging

do you have the gas engine or the diesel engine

gas engine

Thank you

did you check for spark ??

I have not checked that yet
How do i check? Im guessing pull the plug and check to see if cap is sparking when turning the ingnition?

HI

OK, that needs to be done

remove the plug put wire back on lay the plug on the engine so it grounds then yes,crank it over

I don’t see it spark. Bad spark plug?
Never mind. I am seeing a spark on the plug when turning it over. Barely see it though

HI

if it is a weak yellow spark, not bright blue

that is saying that your coil is failing also if this is a ongoing issue

I suggest replacing the coil

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Wayne, Journeyman