Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a CAT 279D and the boom is disabled. Give me one

Customer Question
I have a CAT...

I have a CAT 279D and the boom is disabled

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Give me one minute

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

SN: GTL03347 Model: 279D

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

I used the manual and tried several things; the machine got stuck in the mud last week. we got it out but the boom does not work. It shows a symbol indicating the hydraulic system is locked

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

The only thing we have not tried is disconnect the battery

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/13/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Th safety system for the seat belt/seat/or lap bar, all have to be made before the hydraulics will unlock. One of the switches or the wiring to them is likely the problem.

I have resolved the issue. The contact (blue) inside the door was not touching the contact mounted on the door frame. This was causing the hydraulic system to lock...
Thanks

Good job! I knew it had to be a safety switch! Use the 5-star system to close the question. Thanks.

I see the question is still open, did you see my response?