Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Have a 430 cat backhoe the eng 1 fuse keeps blowing whats…

Customer Question
have a 430 cat backhoe...
have a 430 cat backhoe the eng 1 fuse keeps blowing whats the usual problem for this cause I no the fuse handles a lot of stuff
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/10/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Does it blow as soon as the key is turned on? check the fuel shutoff solenoid at the injection pump. Unplug it and see if fuse blows, engine will not start, but it will show if it is the short.

Ok sorry it's a 430d p9 fuse eng1 .with 10 amp fuse runs for 20 and purging too .had to put in a 15 amp to get boom up to take a look purging the hole time 1 min before 15 amp fuse blew

OK< check wires to the fuel solenoid, and the alternator.