Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a question regarding a Cat engine 208 Model # 3208…

Customer Question
I have a question regarding...
I have a question regarding a Cat engine 208
Model # 3208
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
1/9/2018
Mechanic: Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert replied 6 months ago
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
What is the problem you are having with your 3208 Cat?
We have a cooling leak, that seems to be coming from the water sleeves, what is the best approach for the solution to this problem how can I replace them ?
Thanks for the information.
Unfortunately the only way to remove and repair the water sleeve from the head to the front cover is to remove the cylinder heads. I am sorry. That’s the only way to remove and clean both the head and front cover ports. I wish there was an easy way. This is a very poor design by Cat.Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Okay I see, so is there no way to do it just by removing the front cover?
And if not can you send information on how to this step by step?
you can pull the front cover. But to be honest it’s easier to pull the heads.
Can you give me a guide on how to do this process
I can get you the procedure to remove and replace the head. Be back shortly b
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.