Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and Road Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Construction and Road Equipment

I have a544b loader when is warm it moves but put loader…

Customer Question
I have a544b loader...

I have a544b loader when is warm it moves but put loader bucket to the dirt it stops

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Its 544b year1975 not sure of serial number

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes looking for something to look for

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
1/8/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 month ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

This loader has the Allison Twin Turbine transmission and in the base of the transmission housing, is a strainer. The indication is the pressures are low in the transmission, and pump or clutches may be worn. But strainer needs to be checked for metal or debris. The pressures need to be checked and this transmission runs on about 220 psi. See link below showing the strainer.

I see the question is still open.??

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician