Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a case 1845c skid steer. the machine moves forward…

Customer Question
I have a case...

I have a case 1845c skid steer. the machine moves forward and back but the bucket hand controls do not move and the bucket will not raise/lower or move. any ideas? i traced the linkage back and everything seems to be connected and not broken. there is plenty of hydraulic fluid. the safety controls are not the issue either.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Sorry it's a case 1840 skid steer. i do not have the serial number. it's definately an older machine

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's all currently

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
1/6/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

If there no metal or debris in the filter or oil indicating a pump or component failure occurring then check the spools for those functions in the control valve for full movement and for damage or debris in the valves and valve ports. Remove and inspect the relief valve cartridges for those functions for damaged o rings or debris causing a bypass of pressure or sticking.... Also be 100% sure the safety interlock circuit is functioning properly and not contributing to the cause. Finally have the pressures verified if they are in specs . Let me know. To help in component breakdowns of the valves and locations click the link below.

Parts

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 6 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? I see this is still open. Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated. It's been a pleasure working with you on this.