Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My dad has a ford 555b backhoe. He believe's it is a 86. He…

Customer Question
My dad has a...

My dad has a ford 555b backhoe. He believe's it is a 86. He is having issues finding what type of transmission fluid it takes as well as wondering if the two yellow caps under the floor of the cab would be where to pour this fluid? He can not find any dipsticks there for the transmission

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Not sure where to find the serial number and all that is known is that it is a Ford 555b. From what I am told the model plates are wore off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Umm i think that covers our questions for now. Thank you

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
1/6/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 6 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Ok Thank you!

The oil is 134 new Holland fluid, and the fill is on the rear end cover, as shown in the link above.

Fluid is the hytrans oil , and New Hollands # is 134. You can find an equal at any tractor supply or auto supply,