Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a tb1140 excavator, when I start it my hydraulic

Customer Question
I have a tb1140...

I have a tb1140 excavator , when I start it my hydraulic light flashes and i get a constant beep the hydro fluid is filled to half on site glass

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

I have a tb1140 excavator that when started the hydraulic flight flashes and I get a constanty beep . it has 700 hours on it , fluid halfway on sight glass. its very cold here in ky today , if i let it idle will the pump warm up the fluid and light go off? with the light and buzzer on the hydraulics won't move

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats about it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
1/5/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 6 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

First verify if it is low hydraulic oil level warning or a filter restriction indicator. Cold oil is thicker and harder to flow through the system. Check for fine metal/debris in the hydraulic filter or oil indicating a pump or component failure occurring and if clean check for a faulty sensor or wiring in the hydraulic tank causing false alarms. If this is only when cold you may want to see if a lower viscosity oil that meets your machine spec would be better for your climate and outside temps. Try warming up the machine hydraulic tank using a torpedo space heater and then see once warm if the same symptoms exist or if it resolves. I am in the northeast and all equipment is sluggish in this cold weather and take a long time for hydraulics to heat up. One trick is once run for 20-30 minutes, put a function into a stall by deadheading the function to its stop and hold it there at a high rpm for several minutes at a time and this will bring the oil up to temp faster.

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 5 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? I see this is still open. Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated. It's been a pleasure working with you on this.