Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and Road Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Construction and Road Equipment

Jd 310 sj,no power in drive, if i lift it up, in neutral the…

Customer Question
jd 310 sj,no power in...
jd 310 sj,no power in drive, if i lift it up, in neutral the wheels creep forward, will shift into reverse, will engage front assist and disengage. seems to be stuck in 1st,
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
1/4/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 month ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

The tractor will not drive in forward or reverse? When did it last work right? It has a declutch function to put the tractor in neutral when shifting the gears, or while raising the load. Activated by declutch switch, is this declutch working or could one of the switches be stuck?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
its not the declutch switch, checked that. we were loading up dirt in the front bucket, pushing it up like normal, put it in reverse and it wouldnt move. the hydraulics for the bucket and boom work. when i used the stabilizers and bucket to raise the tractor, in first gear, the tires rotated forward and reverse but it didnt have enough power to move. I changed the filter thinking it might have a restriction, but was clean and the fluid is clear. when we were digging prior to this there was a little creep in the tires but now when the machine is in the air it is more pronounced. when i shift to 2-4 gears, it doesn't seem to shift into those gears, remaining in first.

Are you getting power to the shift solenoids from the shift controller?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i dont know how to check that. but i did check all the fuses and didnt find any that had blown.

You need a voltmeter or a test light, to see if the voltage is being sent to the solenoids from the shifter and if it is getting to the solenoid on the transmission.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
there are several solenoids at the transmission, do you have a diagram showing which one could it be.

#1 1 is 1st speed. # 5 is forward, # 6 is reverse, 2. 3 and 4 are speeds. 7 is park brake, and 8 is the differential lock, # 9 is front wheel drive

I see the question is still open?

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician