Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Engine (Komatsu PC60 excavator) shut down because of water…

Customer Question
Engine (Komatsu PC60 excavator)...

Engine (Komatsu PC60 excavator) shut down because of water in the fuel. Have drained water from the tank; hand pumped fuel from the fuel line; replaced the fuel filter; and, hand-pumped fuel through the fuel filter. Engine still won't start. What should I do next to get it to start?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

PC60-7 58001 and higher (don't have the serial number handy)

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
1/4/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

You have fuel to the injection pump? If so, loosen the high-pressure injection lines at the injector nozzles on the head, and crank the engine until fuel is squirting from the loose lines, then tighten the lines and engine will start.

I see the question is still open?