Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My cat 226 skidsteer has,a flashing armrest light. The

Customer Question
My cat 226 skidsteer...

My cat 226 skidsteer has,a flashing armrest light. The machine wont start.I read a thread on here, but not sure where to find the answer to my problem

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Cat 226 sn 5FZ02329

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I read your thread. I hit a hard object plowing snow, and feel this is a result of it. I have plenty of voltage from battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

It did start once after fiddling with the ignition switch and armrest

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/3/2018
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 6 months ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Do you have full voltage at the fuse panel?

I do

Ok, give me a minute to locate a troubleshooting guide to help you.

I assume you have a working multi meter?

It has started, but I'm not really sure why....where is the armrest switch located ?

In the back right of the armrest.

Follow the attached guide for troubleshooting the interlock system. The reason the indicator is flash is due to a fault in the circuit.

If you need help with this guide, please post the results of each step and the problem you are having. I will be glad to help more.

It is very common to find damaged wires as the root cause of the failure.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LjNUetLeYNe1PjHfLqylGD9_qS5oWKfW

It is the seat switch...it popped off, somehow.
Thanks for your time,

Glad to hear you found the problem. Please let me know if I can help you in the future.

Thanks for using JustAnswer!

CATMASTERTECH.

Please take a moment and provide a rating for my answers. It is very helpful for me.