Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Information re fuel system bleeding Case 580c. Case 580C…

Customer Question
Information re fuel system...

Information re fuel system bleeding Case 580c

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Case 580C loader backhoe serial no.9009897 engine(###) ###-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have endeavored to bleed, but there seems to be an air lock. secondary filter (new]. Air lock seems to alternate between primary filters and almost no fuel will enter the pump.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is this information on you tube please?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
1/1/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 6 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

If the primer pump is not filling the filter, there is likely a suction leak before the primer pump. Everything before the primer is suction and has to be vacuum tight. Everything after the primer is under pressure and would show as a leak. Use a test line attached to the primer pump inlet, back into a fuel container to see if it works and pumps the filter full.