Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and Road Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Construction and Road Equipment

Have a 863 turbo bobcat skid steer having problem when

Customer Question
running snowblowers the arm tilt...
Have a 863 turbo bobcat skid steer having problem when running snowblowers the arm tilt down as the blower is turning
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
12/30/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 month ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

The bucket tilt cylinders are extending with the load of the blower? Have you tested the cylinders for an internal leak? To test, you have to bottom the cylinders in either direction, then figure out which hose on the cylinder is the pressure hose in that position, then remove the hose from the opposite cylinder end. Then pressure up the cylinder in the same direction as before, and if oil pours from the open hole, the cylinder has internal leakage, if the hose removed, has oil pouring out, it is the cylinder on the opposite side!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
cylinder good only has one they will tilt all the way down and pick bobcat of ground

Then you have a control valve problem, with the load check valves.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do you check it

By checking the load poppets and springs on the bucket section of the control valve. There will be plugs, between the hose connections, and under the plugs will be springs and valves. These are the load checks, there to hold the load when the lever is in the neutral position.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That plug between the line has a line going to the hydraulic override knob

If not under a plug, the check valves will be in the spool itself!

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician