Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and Road Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Construction and Road Equipment

I have a 1989 D4H LGP. The blade angle started acting up…

Customer Question
I have a 1989 D4H...
I have a 1989 D4H LGP.
The blade angle started acting up yesterday. With no resistance the blade will angle left and right. When pressure is aplided to the blade it will flop/ tilt all the way to the right. When press is applied to the left side of the blade it holds strong.
Thank you for your help.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
12/26/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 month ago
Dan, Technician

Hi Ted, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc. What is your machine serial number?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
SR: 3AC00706
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
All fluids and filters are good as well....

Thanks for the info. If this is after lines disconnected and reconnected it can be related to air in the system and reversed lines as I have seen this before. If no work was done then the problem can be in the control valve itself ( Inspect) or from a cylinder that has a problem internally such as a loose piston on the rod, etc. ( Pressure test in both directions. Let me know

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Hi, Did you get this resolved? I see this is still open. Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated. Wish you and yours a great holidays. It's been a pleasure working with you on this.

Dan, Technician