Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I habe a cat 236b. I got stuck with the machine ladt night…

Customer Question
Hi I habe a...

Hi I habe a cat 236b. I got stuck with the machine ladt night and had to winch it out, after i did this I raised the arms opened the door and removed the winch cable. When I got back into the cab the could not close. It appeared the arms was now resting on the door. I had no arm or bucket control but could move forward. The red light on the top right was on but also could not overide it. The machine was still running. I forced the door closed but by now the flass had broken and door was bent. I parked the loader and swithed it off. When returning in the morning the arms were on the ground with the spreader bar under the arm with no way of now opening the door to see what the issue was. Is the only way into the cab now to remove the door? If so is there an overide once door removed to work the arms, or would you say there is an hydraulic problem? Hope you can assist Daniel

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

Mo

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
12/24/2017
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 6 months ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

I assume you have figured out it is important for the door to be closed or the hydraulics don't function. This is likely the cause of the light that is on.

You do have a bypass plug you can install in place of the door and this will bypass and override the door switch.

Remove the harness from the door where it connects to the cab harness. Near this connection, you should have a jumper plug tied to the cab harness, use this jumper plug to connect to the cab harness and this will bypass the door switch.

If you need further help, please let me know. Also, include the complete serial number with your reply. If you are still having the issue with the light, please upload a picture of the light so I can see which one is on. Please note if it is flashing or not.

Hello, Can you please come back to the chat and let me know the status of this repair?

I will be glad to help you further if you need more assistance. Just let me know how I can help.

Also, please let me know if my previous answer was helpful.

Thanks,

CATMASTERTECH

P.S. Sorry about the site issues. We all have been trying to work around it as best as we could, I hope it has not been an inconvenience to you.