Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and Road Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Construction and Road Equipment

I have a caterpillar 262B skid steer and the fuel gauge

Customer Question
I have a caterpillar...

I have a caterpillar 262B skid steer and the fuel gauge reads backwards

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Caterpillar 262B s/n 0262BJPDT03750

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I'm fixing it myself. I have installed a new gauge, and I have checked the ohms on the wires for the gauge.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

That will be all.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
12/20/2017
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 2 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this issue today

did it do this before you replaced the float sensor

I started worked at a new company, as there motor mechanic and its been reading backwards since I started here 7 months ago. and I have now idea what all they have done to it. and I'm waiting on the service manual to come in so any thing will help
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, I see you opted out of the question. My name is***** was field service for my local Cat dealer befor going independent. Bare with me while I grab you the schematics so you can troubleshoot this properly and run a continuity test on the circuit wiring.

Ok thank you.

Click on this link

Troubleshooting

Dan, Technician