Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Can't control bucket. PC45. PC45 MRX looking for seeial no.

Customer Question
Can't control bucket. PC45. ...

Can't control bucket. PC45.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

PC45 MRX looking for seeial no

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fuses good. Wire was broken. reattached

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Tracks and backfill blade move

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
12/18/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

The only function that does not work is the bucker curl? You say wires were damaged? Joystick control with thumb controls or a mechanical joystick?

Driving now

OK>

At light. Joysticks not doing anything

Electronic joystick? Use a voltmeter to check for voltage.

Ok. Be back to machine in 30 min

OK>

I'm back. I pushed a switch manually and it worked momentarily. I took out the switch. No continuity. Bypassed switch by splicing wires going into switch. Nothing.

Do you have a voltmeter to test for voltage to the switch? Look for a circuit breaker, which if ti trips, you have a short in the circuit. With circuit breaker, it should reset momentarily, then quit again as soon as short occurs.

I think the switch makes ground. No circuit breakers as far as I can see

Use volt-ohm meter to see if either side is grounded.

One side is

Side to the solenoid or side to the negative of battery?

The circuit has to be complete to work.

I completed it by twisting the wires together

Not if the other end is open!

Ok. How do you complete it?

You have to find the open end. and see if it is the wire or bad connection, and then repair to complete the circuit!