Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 1997 Gradall 534c-6. It’s never driven or climbed…

Customer Question
I have a 1997 Gradall...
I have a 1997 Gradall 534c-6.
It’s never driven or climbed anything good in forward but would do so so in reverse. I took the main hydraulic pump off and had it rebuilt. Cleaned all shavings from hydraulic tank and reinstalled pump. Everything seems to work correctly but it has almost no power in forward?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
12/17/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc each day.

Trying to get it fig out today for a job site tomorrow. Let me know when I get any info.

Was it just the pump or did you do both the pump and the drive motor?

If there was fine metal contamination in the system, both the pump and the drive motor should have been done. Check the drive motor for excessive case drain pressure indicating excessive internal leakage and confirming the need of rebuild. Let me know

Disconnect the drive motor case drain hose and run it into a bucket... deadhead drive so the machine wont move. there should be a low volume of case drain. If high volume or pressure the drive motor is bad

If it is okay check the control valves, inching valve, etc for problems and have the pressures tested and pump flow checked to confirm it is running in specs. Let me know what the current pressures are and GPM output from the pump to the drive motor.

Do u know what test pressures everything should be at or where do
I find that info

The Parts/operation manuals have some specs limited and some diagrams to help There are some priority valves shown as well it would be a good idea to inspect. I posted the offer above. Let me know once accepted.

Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 6 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.