Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a cat 420e it when you lower loader boom there is no…

I have a cat...

I have a cat 420e it when you lower loader boom there is no response till you hit the float detent then the boom drops

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

I think it has to do with the ride control circuit

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes im trying to fix myself when i jump the wires on pressure switch ride control works but loader boom down isnt resposive

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

When the loader joystick is past the float detent you have down pressure

12/14/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, bare with me while I review your information. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc each day. What is your serial number?

hi my name is gazz serial #catoeckmw02858when i jump the pressure switch ride control works but no loader boom down pressure til joystick passes float detent

Is it just boom down or all boom and bucket functions?

just boom down

Thanks for the update. Check the control valve spool for full travel or for sticking or other damage or scoring. If okay check the relief valve cartridge and the resolver network in the control valve. Look for debris or trash in the valve. Let me know. We can follow up as needed.

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

machine had to go back to work we will be getting back to it next week thanks

Thanks for the update. Pleasure to help

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Dan, Technician