Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and Road Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Construction and Road Equipment

Case 586G forklift transmission drives okay then starts

Customer Question
Case 586G forklift transmission...

Case 586G forklift transmission drives okay then starts jerking,turn key of and start again and works okay for 1minute then does it aggain,some days it works fine,could it be relay for forward reverse control

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

586G serial no JJGO293194 and the year 2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Apparently they had trouble with this relay before only just bought it then hired for 110 hrs changed oil in trans and filters both before they took it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
12/13/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Could be the relay, but have you checked the inching solenoid? It kicks transmission out of gear when the brake is pushed, and it can affect forward and reverse. If it is losing voltage, or dropping out, it can cause the jerking.

I see the question is still open, did you find the problem?

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician