Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Serial number 46096957 no start. Br275 snocat 46096957.

Customer Question
Serial number 46096957 no...

Serial number 46096957 no start

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Br275 snocat 46096957

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fixing myself in the middle of nowhere. changed fuel filters(they had just been changed prior to sending to site. Engine stopped working 1 hour into the day. pushed air into fuel tank and was able to get fuel up to transfer pump, but when cranking fuel doesn't get to injectors. checked to make sure that transfer pump shaft was turning and it was it has an actuator and when key is on it does actuate and wired it open just to make sure that it was actuated and still no fuel to the injectors

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there an electric fuel pump that draws fuel from the tank and to the main pump?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
12/11/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 8 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. If you have fuel to the injection pump and bled of air there should be an electric fuel shutoff solenoid on the main injection pump that shuts the fuel off in the injection pump at key off. test all fuses and test for power to the solenoid at key on and off then verify proper operation. If a manual shutoff by linkage or cable there will be a lever on the pump. Let me know the engine make and model from the engine tag. We can follow up as needed

i did that and their is a manual shutoff by linkage and their is a lever on lift(transfer pump)
engine make is a cummins 275 6CTA8.3

Thanks for the info. If the transfer pump is pushing the fuel ans supplying good fuel to the injection pump with no restrictions or leaks sucking air, etc. and the fuel shutoff is working and opening up the injection pump up for fuel on but weak or no fuel delivery after cracking loose the injection lines and good fuel transfer pump supply pressure it points to a weak/failed injection pump. When a pump is weak sometimes running out of fuel is all it takes to finish it off but just be sure the shutoff is working and you have good fuel supply before condemning the injection pump. Let me know

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.